In this, my 37th year, I’ve decided it’s time to stop playing small, get into the best shape of my life and finally actualise into the most fabulous version of myself, living a life on my terms surrounded by the things and people I care about.
We’re talking total glow up, head to toe, inside and out. I was 100% ready to become the woman I was born to be.
- No more treating my body like a garbage disposal
- No more playing small
- No more “battling the bulge”
- No more trying to fit in with what everyone else was doing
I was finally ready to put those days behind me and step into the woman I dreamed of being.
And as my 37th birthday approaches, I’m thrilled to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
- My body is feeling firmer, fitter and stronger
- I’m not getting puffed going up stairs any more
- I actually enjoy the foods I’m eating – there’s no guilt about eating cake or pizza or drinking a margarita, but most of the time eating a healthy diet is second nature
- I rediscovered my childhood passion for 1980s style aerobics – I love so much I do it every day – and it totally suits my obsession with all things retro
- I’m having a lot of fun building a vintage wardrobe that suits my personality
- I’m actually aging in reverse – I look 5 years younger than I did last year
- I have trained and qualified as a group fitness instructor so I can live my dream of being an aerobics instructor – get those legwarmers ready and watch this space!
As my body ages and changes, what used to work for me didn’t work anymore. And furthermore, my weight loss journey comes from a place of self love, so those nasty, unhealthy, restrictive fad diets had to go.
I’ve been hard at work researching healthy weight loss for women over 30, fun and fabulous aerobics workouts that work for our bodies and busy schedules, and a way of eating where you can still live your real life … and I’ve been using myself as the guinea pig.
Why I Started This Blog For Us
Over the past 9 months I’ve been so shocked to discover just how lied to we’ve been by the weight loss industry.
Because – spoiler alert – you can lose weight and live in a healthier body without the struggle, without the unsustainability, without the frustration and guilt cycle.
Like, I want to be fit and healthy, but I also want to eat pizza and not live on a treadmill, you know what I mean?
This website is my magnum opus: a compendium of low calorie recipes that actually taste good, fun retro inspired workouts that feel like a dance party, and fitness tips that are doable and sustainable … and best of all – they ACTUALLY work.
It’s making a fit and healthy lifestyle work FOR you – not the other way around.
It’s about big hair, bold style, and daring to live life to the fullest.
This isn’t just a blog about fitness – simply because nothing in life is one dimensional, and neither am I.
I share my favourite no-B.S. tips on just about everything I love: healthy recipes, beauty, vintage fashion, blogging, Disney, decor, and everything in between – all with a retro/vintage twist.
Ya know. Keeps it interesting for all of us.